Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Far, Farther, Farthest

Monday morning and I had the slides ready for Whiz Kids. . . but I didn't have to be there with a Bible story. Dave got a call for 2 drivers to deliver a new Maxima to McAlester. I drove the chase car; my first time in a Nissan Sentra. Just before leaving I-40 at Henryetta, Dave's path converged with a huge piece of tire tread from a semi. It hit up under the front bumper and ripped the fasteners out of the gravel / splash guard. After 3 attempts to secure it, we threw it in the trunk and finished the drive. The couple was very cool about it all and took delivery. We saw quite a show of lightening and got home about ten.

As we returned the Sentra Tuesday morning, he got a call for 2 drivers to go to Arkansas for Chrysler-Jeep. In Ft. Smith he left the big nice 300c for me and he drove a Jeep Patriot back (just so I could listen to Sirrus 128 [NASCAR talk radio] ). We hit spells of heavy rain in Eastern Oklahoma. I got a dealer trade call to Duncanville, Texas for today. I traded a navy Sentra for a loaded charcoal grey one. Mapquest took me off Loop 12 sooner than Dave always goes, but I found it - 224 miles one way!

I really felt like a hypocrite! With all the bother about the NBA leaving Seattle, I thought about boycotting Starbucks. But I don't drink coffee, so that was a shortlived idea. THEN, I stopped in Gaineville for a late lunch. I just couldn't make myself stop at the "arches" and there was a new Starbucks next door.

Well, it turned into a very entertaining and interesting experience. A very personable young lady and her dreadlocked co-worker went out of their way to make my first solo visit a pleasant one. {If you find your way here, thank you! Here is some of my art work you can check out.} http://www.okcps.org/ms/jackson/canan/visual_art.htm

The heaven's openned up and I drove back across town in a dark downpour. We quickly left for Church. We had a good group of 14 for teen class. We ate when we got back home.... I'm running a contract to Chandler in the morning.

No comments: