Monday, February 25, 2008

Sweet Fellowship

The last Sunday of each month is Family Night when I speak, the young boys read scriptures, Larry leads extra songs, and then we eat. Sure, I've always said NT fellowship doesn't have to involve eating, however, it is always easier to talk over coconut creme pie or a tasty meat casserole. I spoke on Psalms 119. After the pot luck we loaded the van and hurried over to "sit" with Gwyn's 3 kids, 3 cockers, a cat, and a house guest.
On Monday, Dave and I joined 4 other drivers to take the rest of the 10 Ford Pickups to Kansas. The late lunch is always fun: full of teasing. This time we ate at The Grain Bin, a very popular spot in downtown Chanute. The terrible, gusty crosswinds made the trip back uneasy.
I got back to find a flat rear tire on the van. I was assisted immensely by a young man from the Downtown Ford Service Dept (with an air tank after he had clocked out) and the good guys at Big O's who repaired it after closing time! Thank you. After Whiz Kids, Jeannette made chicken fajitas at Gwyn's.

No comments: