Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend update

Friday morning Jeannette went to visit Dr. Fanning while I returned the Chevy Uplander. For the evening trip to the Lawton area, I picked up a big black Ram 1500. What started out as a quick run down to Elgin, turned into a trek into the "foot hills" of Mt. Scott. Almost to Meers, I found the home and the couple as it started to rain with freezing temperatures. I made it back up the H E Bailey turnpike before the region posted a winter travel advisory.
Saturday's hard rain finally melted the ice on the windshields. I bought groceries while Jeannette made a cherry cobbler for the families gathered next door. It was a very long weekend for Gloria's girls.
Sunday's teen class started John. Brent ate with us at Boomerang. I watched the Daytona 500 after flying my Earnhardt # 3 flag. OK, I did doze off a couple of times. I pulled for the Toyotas but those pesky Penske Dodges stole the show. DJ bows out with a respectable 16th finish.
The "group" went to Taco Bueno in Moore. We laughed all evening with Rocky and Brent's stories
Monday morning begin with news of Gloria's passing. I went to Westside for a Youth Ministers' meeting to plan the summer series. Buster, Logan, and McKnight were a riot! The Whiz Kids learned about Obed and the story of Ruth's love for Naomi.

No comments: