Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Crazy Marathon Tuesday

I got up at 5 and met Thom at Toyota at 6 to drive to Arlington. His "chase car" was a Camry with a beautiful gun metal sparkly finish. I brought back a big, black Sequoia stickered at $45,000. Jeannette was glad to have her car fixed and ran errands before lunch.


As soon as I got back from Texas, I prepared for a double finance run for Chevy. I headed NW in a G6 Pontiac and have a late, late lunch in Kingfisher. I got the first contract signed in Woodward at an oil field business West of the city. By 6:30, I was back on the road to Guymon in the Panhandle. Driving at night you can see many communities from a distance. I found the 2nd customer in an RV park and headed back with the completed papers by 9. The Artic front arrived up there with temps down to near freezing. It was a long quiet drive... for much of the Panhandle I was without cell phone service and couldn't check in with J. Coming back I dropped down South from Watonga to catch I40 beyond El Reno. I made it in about 1 am; thankful for a safe day after 900 miles behind the wheel. It sure was great to hug my bride and be safe at home. g

No comments: